Close Menu
Invest Intellect
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Invest Intellect
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Home
    • Commodities
    • Cryptocurrency
    • Fintech
    • Investments
    • Precious Metal
    • Property
    • Stock Market
    Invest Intellect
    Home»Commodities»Rivals behind two kebab shops slash each other with metal poles in street brawl | News UK
    Commodities

    Rivals behind two kebab shops slash each other with metal poles in street brawl | News UK

    November 6, 20254 Mins Read


    To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
    browser that
    supports HTML5
    video

    Family members from enemy Turkish kebab shops – who cut each other with metal poles in a brawl – have been jailed.

    Footage captured by CCTV shows the attackers, aged between 17 and 52, slashing and stabbing each other using a variety of tools, from sticks used in their kebab shops to walking sticks.

    The incident happened in Commercial Road in Newport, Wales, in August, in broad daylight, in front of shocked customers.

    Newport Crown Court heard how the seven men who took part in the fight all suffered gash and slash wounds from the ‘significant physical violence’.

    Sentencing the seven men, judge Richard Kember said the incident was ‘a disgraceful outbreak of violence and disorder,’ the BBC reported.

    Sign up for all of the latest stories

    Start your day informed with Metro’s News Updates newsletter or get Breaking News alerts the moment it happens.

    Mehmet Aksoy, 52, Mazhar Aksoy 40, Murat Aksoy, 28, Burak Aksoy, 25, Savas Sayak, 34, Yagmur Sayak, 43, Firat Sayak, 45, previously admitted violent disorder in September.

    A 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named because of his young age, will be sentenced at youth court.

    The fighting took place between the Aksoy family, who own Family Kebab on Caerleon Road, and the Sayak family, who own Antalya Kebab.

    Three men shown in picture of fight
    The attackers all suffered multiple injuries (Pictures: Wales News Service)

    The video showed the fight began when Firat Sayak struck Mehmet Aksoy outside the kebab shop before the pair began hitting each other against a car and then dropping to the ground.

    Other family members rushed to the scene after Mehmet Aksoy made a phone call, the prosecutor told the court.

    His family member, Murat Aksoy, arrived in a grey Mercedes, brandishing a metal pole out of the window.

    This caused Firat Sayak to ‘respond in kind’ and brandish his own weapon through the kebab shop window.

    Members of both families then continued attacking each other, leading to a number of injuries.

    The families of two kebab shop rivals slashed each other in a violent street fight in Newport city centre, a court has heard. The attackers, aged between 17 and 52, all of Turkish background, fought with kebab shop tools, metal poles and a walking stick on Commercial Road in August. Newport Crown Court heard each family owned a kebab shop in the city and was shown CCTV footage of the brutal brawl. Mehmet Aksoy, 52, Mazhar Aksoy 40, Murat Aksoy, 28, Burak Aksoy, 25, Savas Sayak, 33, Yagmur Sayak, 42, Firat Sayak, 45, previously admitted violent disorder and are being sentenced at Newport Crown Court. A 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named because of his age, will be sentenced at youth court. The court was told there was "significant physical violence" and shown CCTV footage of the fight. All the defendants were aided in court by an interpreter. The Aksoy family own Family Kebab on Caerleon Road and the Sayak family own Antalya Kebab on Commercial Road, where the violence took place. The "origin of the animosity" between the two families involved "infighting" between people connected to the families in Turkey, the court heard. Footage played in court showed the fight began when Firat Sayak struck Mehmet Aksoy outside the kebab shop. The pair then scuffled against a car before falling to the ground. Mehmet Aksoy then made a phone call, the court heard, which the prosecution said caused other members of his family to arrive, including Murat Aksoy who arrived leaning out of the passenger window of a grey Mercedes car, brandishing a metal pole. This caused Firat Sayak to "respond in kind" and brandish his own weapon through the kebab shop window. Footage played to the court then showed members of both families attacking each other, including with weapons outside the kebab shop. These weapons ranged from a "metal instrument" used in the kebab shop, to a metal pole and a walking stick. At the end of the fight, some family members removed their shirts to use as "makeshift bandages" and family members could be seen with blood on them, the court heard. Police arrived shortly after the fight ended and found Savas Sayak "with a severe head wound" and Yagmar Sayak with "multiple injuries to his head". Mehmet and Mazhar Aksoy were found in hospital with "gashes or slashes" to their arms. The violence happened in a busy area of Newport with members of the public present. In mitigation the court was told both families have now reconciled after intervention from the Turkish and Kurdish community in Wales and the Kurdish People's Democratic Assembly. The sentencing continues. WALES NEWS SERVICE
    Seven men previously admitted violent disorder in September (Picture: Wales News Service)

    At the end of the fight, people were even forced to remove their shirts to use as ‘makeshift bandages’, while others could be seen with blood on them, the court heard. 

    Police arrived shortly after the fight ended and found Savas Sayak ‘with a severe head wound’ and Yagmar Sayak with ‘multiple injuries to his head’. 

    It is understood that the ‘origin of the animosity’ between them involved ‘infighting’ between people connected to the families in Turkey.

    In mitigation, the court heard there has been a wider process of conciliation between the Sayak and Aksoy families with the help of the Kurdish and Turkish communities in Wales.

    Judge Kember said: ‘The communities have been concerned about this event and concerned it does not reflect Kurdish and Turkish values.’

    Mehmet, Murat, and Mazhar Aksoy, and Savas and Firat Sayak, were each sentenced to 24 months imprisonment.

    Burak Aksoy and Yagmur Sayak were each sentenced to 12 months imprisonment, suspended for 21 months, and were ordered to carry out 150 hours unpaid work.

    Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

    For more stories like this, check our news page.

    Arrow MORE: Stonehenge staff on high alert for rock robbers inspired by Louvre heist

    Arrow MORE: Huntingdon suspect ‘slashed man in the face weeks before train rampage’

    Arrow MORE: Armed police make arrest after boy injured in attack at Reading College

    Breaking News

    Never miss the biggest stories with breaking news alerts in your inbox.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    Full Metal Jackie’s Heavy Metal Life

    Commodities

    It’s now easier to install MGSHDFix for Metal Gear games on Linux / Steam Deck

    Commodities

    Ofgem shares 10 easy ways for Brits to slash their energy bills

    Commodities

    Last chance to apply for £150 energy discount – check if you need to claim

    Commodities

    Chinese green energy tycoon warns AI boom will strain global power

    Commodities

    Secretary Wright sends message to International Energy Agency: ‘Clean up your act, or U.S. is out’

    Commodities
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Picks
    Property

    Almost 500,000 Irish homeowners fail to meet extended local property tax deadline – The Irish Times

    Precious Metal

    RBI adds 25 tonne of gold in second half of FY25

    Cryptocurrency

    The Wallet Inspectors: The DPRK’s Sophisticated Campaign to Steal Cryptocurrency and How to Protect Yourself | Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP

    Editors Picks

    Molo cuts buy-to-let rates by up to 25bps

    July 30, 2024

    Scale AI Exec Says AI Foundational Labs Are Like Movie Studios

    August 27, 2025

    Canadian Utilities Limited Expected to Post Q2 2024 Earnings of $0.42 Per Share (TSE:CU)

    July 27, 2024

    Quand Philippe Katerine se prête au jeu pour démocratiser les agents immobiliers

    May 27, 2025
    What's Hot

    How to Make Money With Real Estate Options

    January 15, 2025

    GCCs, AI, fintech firms key to meet coworking players’ revenue targets: Enzyme CEO

    August 31, 2025

    Joey Daccord’s Jersey Retirement Signifies How Far Arizona State’s Hockey Program Has Come

    October 5, 2025
    Our Picks

    Bonds made simple – a beginner’s guide to world’s largest asset class

    October 13, 2025

    Dividend Stock: Samvardhana Motherson Announces 50% Interim Dividend For FY25, Fixes Record Date

    March 24, 2025

    Copper smelter advances to steady-state operations

    February 19, 2026
    Weekly Top

    The Ultimate Dividend Stock to Buy With $1,000 Right Now

    February 20, 2026

    9,900% returns in five years! Multibagger stock to be in focus on Monday; here’s why

    February 20, 2026

    Tides of tax drive high earners to offshore bonds

    February 20, 2026
    Editor's Pick

    Ukrainian parliament backs bill to legalize cryptocurrency

    September 3, 2025

    The Digital Pound: Bitcoin’s Bright Future in the UK

    August 6, 2025

    Mumbai Agricultural Produce Market Committee donates Rs 45 lakh to CM relief fund for Maharashtra’s flash flood affected areas | Mumbai News

    October 8, 2025
    © 2026 Invest Intellect
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.