Close Menu
Invest Intellect
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Invest Intellect
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Home
    • Commodities
    • Cryptocurrency
    • Fintech
    • Investments
    • Precious Metal
    • Property
    • Stock Market
    Invest Intellect
    Home»Commodities»Leaked list shows Trump administration considering $15 billion in additional clean energy cuts
    Commodities

    Leaked list shows Trump administration considering $15 billion in additional clean energy cuts

    October 9, 20255 Mins Read


    Days after the Trump administration made headlines for canceling nearly $8 billion in clean energy projects across 16 blue states, the Department of Energy is considering terminating an additional 300 projects totaling more than $15.8 billion, according to a leaked list reviewed by The Times.

    The list includes five of seven projects to develop clean hydrogen energy in the United States awarded under President Biden. Funding for the other two so-called “hydrogen hubs” was terminated last week, including California’s project, the Alliance for Renewable Clean Hydrogen Energy Systems, or ARCHES.

    The list is not an official document but comes via credible sources from inside the administration.

    Other potential terminations include a $500-million award to General Motors to convert an existing vehicle assembly plant in Michigan to electric vehicle production, and two major carbon capture projects in Indiana and North Dakota, which face cuts of $500 million and $350 million, respectively. (Carbon capture is the process of capturing planet-warming carbon dioxide emissions from industrial releases and storing or reusing them before they can enter the atmosphere.)

    Read more: Trump administration says it will cut $8 billion for climate projects in blue states, including California’s hydrogen hub

    The list began circulating after the administration canceled more than 300 awards last week. Those projects were all located in states that did not vote for Donald Trump in the 2024 presidential election, which Democrats were quick to denounce as politically motivated.

    The latest round of rumored cuts appears to be less partisan. Texas would take the largest loss at 54 terminated projects totaling nearly $2.4 billion, including $50 million for the South Texas Direct Air Capture Hub, intended to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, North Dakota, Ohio and Virginia each would lose more than $1 billion in awards.

    But taken as a whole, no state would take a bigger hit than California. The Golden State is facing a total of 93 cancellations — including last week’s official cuts and the rumored cuts currently in the pipeline — totaling $3.5 billion, more than any other state by a wide margin.

    The Trump administration, which heavily promotes fossil fuels such as oil, gas and coal, has said the cancellations will help save Americans’ money. The projects terminated last week did not “adequately advance the nation’s energy needs, were not economically viable, and would not provide a positive return on investment of taxpayer dollars,” the Energy Department said.

    Department officials on Wednesday said they could not confirm the list of additional pending cuts.

    “No determinations have been made other than what has been previously announced,” department spokesman Ben Dietderich said in a statement. “As [U.S. Energy] Secretary [Chris] Wright made clear last week, the Department continues to conduct an individualized and thorough review of financial awards made by the previous administration. Rest assured, the Department is hard at work to deliver on President Trump’s promise to restore affordable, reliable, and secure energy to the American people.”

    Read more: Trump slashed $8 billion for energy projects in blue states. In California, that could be felt in red areas as well

    California Sen. Alex Padilla — who is urging Wright to restore funding for the California hydrogen hub — said in a phone call that “time will tell” whether the projects on the leaked list are ultimately cut, but that the potential defunding of all seven U.S. hydrogen hubs is consistent with the Trump administration’s agenda. Hydrogen, if generated cleanly, produces only water as a byproduct. It’s a growing source of energy that could replace fossil fuels in some industry and transportation uses.

    “Anything they can do to bolster fossil fuels is going to be a priority for them,” Padilla said, adding that hydrogen and other clean and renewable energy sources have been “in the crosshairs of the administration since day one.”

    The cuts not only create greater uncertainty for industry and investors, but also drive up costs and move the U.S. further from the energy dominance Trump has championed, Padilla said.

    “At a time when energy costs are going up for households across the country, you would want more supply into the grid, not less,” he said. “And they’re withdrawing projects that would bring not just clean energy, but just more energy, onto the grid.”

    Experts noted that even cancellations in blue states would affect voters of various political affiliations. In California, for example, many elements of the planned ARCHES hydrogen hub are in the Central Valley, which largely supported Trump in 2024.

    The latest list of potential cuts stretches across approximately 190 Democratic and 136 Republican congressional districts, according to a Times analysis. Combined with last week’s cuts, however, the overall outcome would skew blue with funding slashed in 486 Democratic districts compared with 160 Republican ones.

    “These sweeping funding cuts will have far-reaching consequences — with virtually no region unscathed,” read a statement from Conrad Schneider, a senior director at the nonprofit Clean Air Task Force.

    Schneider noted that the U.S. has spent the last several years investing in innovative energy projects that can support economic growth, lower household costs and meet rising energy demands. Federal grants and loans play an essential role in that work, he said.

    “By abruptly canceling funding for several hundred energy projects,” he added, “the U.S. risks ceding American energy leadership and signals that U.S. innovation is not a priority.”

    This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    Full Metal Jackie’s Heavy Metal Life

    Commodities

    It’s now easier to install MGSHDFix for Metal Gear games on Linux / Steam Deck

    Commodities

    Ofgem shares 10 easy ways for Brits to slash their energy bills

    Commodities

    Last chance to apply for £150 energy discount – check if you need to claim

    Commodities

    Chinese green energy tycoon warns AI boom will strain global power

    Commodities

    Secretary Wright sends message to International Energy Agency: ‘Clean up your act, or U.S. is out’

    Commodities
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Picks
    Property

    What to know about Milwaukee’s streetcar and downtown property values

    Property

    UK insurers rein in cover as rising flood threat causes headache for landlords

    Investments

    I visited the little UK seaside village that’s basically a giant retirement home

    Editors Picks

    Le Métal Pless acquiert un gardien de but

    July 3, 2025

    South Africa’s Bond Auction Could Reshape Investor Sentiment

    October 11, 2024

    Trump announces agricultural tariffs: What that could mean

    March 3, 2025

    Texas A&M agricultural economics marks milestone in South Texas

    May 9, 2025
    What's Hot

    11 Best Annual Dividend Stocks to Buy According to Hedge Funds

    August 27, 2025

    Digital Euro by 2029, despite opposition « Euro Weekly News

    September 6, 2025

    XRP offers bigger potential with just $500

    August 2, 2025
    Our Picks

    Thunes Powers the Next Generation of Global Money Movement with Instant Payouts in Stablecoins Across 130+ Countries

    October 27, 2025

    3 Types of Popular Property Investments in 2024 and How Liam J. Ryan is Helping Investors Utilise Them

    March 21, 2024

    Food under pressure: how global food security and agricultural resilience

    January 13, 2026
    Weekly Top

    Full Metal Jackie’s Heavy Metal Life

    February 20, 2026

    It’s now easier to install MGSHDFix for Metal Gear games on Linux / Steam Deck

    February 20, 2026

    Ofgem shares 10 easy ways for Brits to slash their energy bills

    February 20, 2026
    Editor's Pick

    China to establish global operations center for digital yuan

    June 18, 2025

    Clothing retailer Shein launches credit card with Mexican fintech Stori By Reuters

    October 23, 2024

    Lunch- and dinnertime favorite recalled due to metal contamination

    August 17, 2024
    © 2026 Invest Intellect
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.